The 30 June 2017 SMSF changes impact on your clients’ Estate Planning strategies.
Clients falling into any of the following categories require their Estate Planning strategy to be reviewed now:
- More than $1.6m / $3.2m in an SMSF
- Reversionary pensions
- No Binding Death Benefit Nomination (BDBN)
- BDBN out of date
- Insufficient cash to fund benefits
- Heavily loaded in property
- Windfall due
- Life insurance policies in super
- Deed too restrictive
A Timely Reminder: Estate Planning Trigger Points
Even if you are not focusing on superannuation pensions, why not take the opportunity to reconsider how effective your clients’ current Estate Planning strategy is in light of these life changes:
- Birth of a child or grandchild
- New relationship, marriage or relationship breakdown
- Death of a family member
- Changes to financial circumstances
- Health issues
- Family disharmony
- Acquisition or sale of a property or business
How can Partners Legal assist you?
Partners Legal provides expert wealth management advice to clients. Our technical expertise, supplemented by our real industry knowledge and access to additional financial and business services within the Partners Wealth Group, is what differentiates us from traditional law firms. We see the ‘big picture’, ensuring we provide a holistic solution to meet the needs of our clients’ ongoing wealth management strategy.
To assist you and your clients, Partners Legal is offering a complimentary 30 minute Estate Planning Review (in person, by Skype or by teleconference).
Contact us on 1800 333 143 to arrange a time, and ensure your clients’ Estate Planning strategies do not suffer after 30 June 2017.